McKinley Packaging – Covington, GAAPPLY NOW!
McKinley Packaging, is a World Class, Sustainable Corrugated Container manufacturer with multiple facilities across the U.S. We are currently seeking an experienced Cost Accountant at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Covington, GA.
This position has responsibility for collaboration with the Plant Controller and accounting/financial staff in the company providing financial and accounting support to executives and department heads who establish goals and budgets for the organization.
Cost Accountants collaborate with other accountants and financial staff in the company to provide financial and accounting support to executives and department heads who establish goals and budgets for the organization.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
· Collecting and analyzing data about a company’s operational costs
· Setting standard costs of manufactured goods
· Developing and analyzing cost standards
· Carrying out cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis, including for small businesses
· Establishing costs of business processes such as administration, labor, shipping, etc.
· Performing account reconciliations
· Preparing audit reports and presenting their findings to management
· Recommending changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit.
· Advising executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data
· Managing the company’s balance sheet and accounting books
· Supporting other company accountants with invoicing and capital expenditure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 to 5 years in a cost accounting role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Analysis of costs, provide recommendations and solutions
- Attention to detail, analyzing large sets of information and developing budgets for projects.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Covington, GA 30014: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cost accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- ERP systems: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location