McKinley Packaging – Santa Fe Springs, CAAPPLY HERE
McKinley Packaging, a corrugated container manufacturer is currently seeking experienced Forklift Operators for our fast-paced facility in Santa Fe Springs, CA. We are hiring for 2nd & 3rd shift only!!
APPLY NOW OR CALL HR AT (562) 282-4222 TO SCHEDULE YOUR INTERVIEW TODAY!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To safely operate and perform all aspects of the Forklift Truck position in an efficient manner, while maintaining product quality and safe transport of product through the plant environment
- The operator is responsible for knowing how to successfully perform the all job duties associated with operation, including the stacking, transport, loading and unloading of rolls of paper, or the transport of bundle / bale units (non-palletized) in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- May require unloading/loading of trailers as well as product movement into and out of a warehouse environment.
- Commitment to work safely & maintain product quality.
- Available to work 2nd shift hours (1:45pm – 10:15pm) or 3rd shift hours (9:45pm – 6:15am)
- Minimum of 3 years experience operating a fork lift.
- Must be available to work overtime and occasional weekends as needed.
- Candidates must be able to read customer order specs including shipping load requirements and maintain the WIP environment.
- Willingness to learn and be a part of the team.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; safely climb onto and climb off of the lift truck; twist at waist level to look behind them when operating the equipment in reverse; must be able to turn head from side to side; use hands and fingers to operate controls, handle or feel objects, and tools; and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds being able to grasp multiple sheets of corrugated product and propane cylinders, if required
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus, and color vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- One location
Work Location: One location