MCKINLEY PACKAGING – Lebanon, INAPPLY NOW
McKinley Packaging., a growing Corrugated Container manufacturer is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician / Mechanic at our new, fast-paced, facility in Lebanon, IN. The candidates in this role will report directly to the Maintenance Manager. Great work atmosphere!
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform preventive maintenance as directed through the completion of periodic inspections of electrical systems and production equipment in an effort to identify sources of possible defects in order to prevent unexpected breakdowns; recommend strategies to replace or fix electrical problems if identified; and generally make sure that all electrical systems of the building are performing as required; may include the maintenance of air conditioning and lighting systems; may reference blueprints and/or wiring diagrams in planning their preventive maintenance work.
- Act expeditiously when electrical system and equipment breakdown occur. This may include tracking down electrical short circuits or identifying problems with PLCs or other electrical components. The candidate must be able to safely perform various testing procedures to determine precise origin of electrical problems, at times when circuits are live, and do repairs
- Responsible for providing mechanical support for all plant machinery and equipment.
- Perform daily assignments requiring electrical and mechanical skills in a timely manner. May require working alone or with other maintenance mechanics assigned to task.
Electrical Maintenance Mechanics are expected to follow safety protocols strictly. There are additional safety protocols that must be observed when working in high-voltage (up to 600 volts) areas as these present a potentially deadly environment.
- Must be available to work Saturdays, and the occasional Sundays for special projects.
- Broad knowledge of industrial electrical systems used in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment and mechanical systems involving electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, and hydraulic repair or replacement, including blown fuses and tripped breakers.
- Knowledge of PLC Logic, and ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- Understand electrical panel and drive components.
- Understand gear trains, shafts/journals, pulleys, and bearings.
- Possess the ability to perform manual dexterity along with excellent color perception ability.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to read and understand instructions.
- A minimum educational level of high school graduate and includes shop experience as well.
Frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing, twisting, pushing, pulling, grasping, fine manipulation and visual acuity for color perception. Ability to communicate with machine operators, supervisors, and managers, verbally and in writing. Ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs as necessary, and the ability to work at heights and in small or enclosed work spaces when necessary to perform diagnostics, repairs or routine maintenance.
We offer a competitive compensation package packaged based on experience for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- One location
Work Location: One location