McKinley Packaging – Farmers Branch, TXAPPLY NOW!
This position provides reliable information systems support to assist the IT Manager and all employees with IT issues.
This position will report to the IT Manager
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: (Bi-lingual candidates will be given preference)
· Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
· Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
· Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
· Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
· Setting up accounts for new users
· Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
· Testing new technology
Coordinate with vendors of hardware and software to ensure that their products and services meet business needs.
- Backup the IT Manager including maintaining records, writing requisitions for purchasing computer equipment and software.
- Provide technical expertise and problem solving assistance as needed on call nights and weekends.
- Must also be prepared to do physical work, such as lifting computers or equipment, and, if necessary, shift them to other locations. They would need to stoop, bend, and reach.
- Performs any and all duties as assigned.
· Organize and prioritize the workload to keep all systems up and running accurately.
· Provide accurate information in response to inquiries from employees, individuals and groups outside the mill.
· Be able to handle multiple projects with changing priorities.
· High School Diploma. GED acceptable if candidate also has secondary education directly applicable to the position.
· At least five (1) years of successful network administration and troubleshooting experience.
· Strong troubleshooting skills.
· Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including effective development of training and reference documentation.
· Ability to facilitate change in a productive and proactive manner, maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations and work with diverse workforce and external entities.
· DESIRED: Bi-Lingual in Spanish, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Farmers Branch, TX 75234: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Helpdesk support: 1 year (Preferred)
- IT support: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location