MCKINLEY PACKAGING – Covington, GAAPPLY NOW!
McKinley Packaging , a growing Corrugated Container manufacturer located across the U.S. is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager at our state of the art manufacturing facility in Covington GA.
This position has responsibility for all day-to-day maintenance operations. The position contributes to production by achieving the plant’s goals through achieving maximum machine uptime by reducing cost, increasing productivity and improving machine reliability.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure Company assets and physical plant are secure and well maintained.
- Achieve desired results in Safety by leading safety processes to sustain a safe work environment. Implement and coordinate department safety education and processes in accordance with corporate best practices and policies.
- Achieve desired results in Quality by leading process reliability efforts to ensure lowest cost, best quality with high return on assets.
- Manage the department resources and personnel to best meet the needs of the Manufacturing operations. Demonstrate flexibility in scheduling/repair to ensure minimal downtime to operations.
- Drive machine reliability through disciplined application of the Work Order and Preventative Maintenance systems.
- Manage the Maintenance Storeroom inventories and purchasing activities to ensure highest level possible of planning effectiveness.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance documentation/data entry.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in safety, housekeeping, waste reduction, quality, productivity, customer’s satisfaction and cost.
- Responsible for accurate documentation/data entry.
- Problem solve and address operational troubleshooting questions as they arise.
- Ensure facility is in compliance with all appropriate environmental regulations and permitting requirements.
- Strong understanding of the key drivers of maintenance cost (labor, parts, asset utilization, etc.) and how to control them.
- Manage departmental cost within pre-approved budgetary limits.
- Participate in weekly plant cost control meetings by accurately reporting out maintenance costs along with suggestions for improvement.
- Coach and develop hourly employees to maximize their effectiveness. Identify and develop high potential employees for levels of greater responsibility and scope.
- Ensure performance feedback is completed effectively and on a timely basis. Reward and recognize employees.
- Hold people accountable for performance; work with under-performers on training assistance, or put them in documented performance improvement plans and/or disciplinary programs as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience within a manufacturing company.
- Must have demonstrated leadership among a group of employees in productivity, quality and safety.
- Must possess a strong safety and maintenance background.
- Must have process acumen, be results-driven and possess strong communications skills.
- Previous background in corrugated, paper or similar manufacturing environments is preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation package packaged based on experience for the right candidate. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter, including salary requirements.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience for the right candidate.
Corrugated facility with Converting
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Covington, GA 30014: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Corrugator: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location