McKinley Packaging – Covington, GAAPPLY HERE
McKinley Packaging, a corrugated container manufacturer is currently seeking experienced Maintenance Mechanics for our facility in Covington, GA. The Maintenance Mechanic will report directly to the Maintenance Manager.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all converting machinery as directed through the completion of work orders in an effort to prevent unexpected breakdowns.
- Must have the ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment and mechanical systems involving electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, and hydraulic repair or replacement.
- Understand drive components and gear trains, shafts/journals, pulleys, and bearings
- Perform daily assignments requiring mechanical skills in a timely manner and assist with electrical repairs as needed.
- Must be able to perform various testing procedures to determine precise origin of mechanical issues.
- Must follow safety protocols strictly. There are additional safety protocols that must be observed when working in high-voltage areas.
- A minimum educational level of high school graduate
- Must be available to work Monday thru Fridaywith occasional OT
- Must be available to work occasional Saturdays
- Broad knowledge of industrial mechanical systems, preferably within the Corrugated Paper industry
- 2+ years of experience with electrical industrial/manufacturing maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical schematics
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing, pushing, pulling. Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with vendors and managers, verbally and in writing. Ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs as necessary.
We offer a competitive compensation package packaged based on experience for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
- Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: Stationary Engineer’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Work Remotely: No