McKinley Paper – Prewitt, NMAPPLY NOW
This position is responsible for the day to day management of Paper Machine Operations, Stock Prep, Water Reclamation, Quality, and Process Control.
This job will have an advanced level of knowledge in paper manufacturing operations, quality control/quality assurance, statistical process control., cost analysis, and strategic planning
- Lead and foster a safety culture that values risk identification and personal ownership, through a principle based approach
- Develop manufacturing and operational strategic plans and best practices that ensure the operating teams are achieving the mill’s quality, production stability and profit objectives
- Perform Product development trials as needed to ensure our products are meeting the objectives of customers and the market place demand
- Supports the development of operational forecasts and budgets to improve mill profitability
- Drives systematic improvement in mill operations and other mill processes like communications, safety, quality, training, and employee engagement
- Develop leaders through training, stretch assignments, feedback, the performance management process, etc.
- Works with managers and supervisors to develop SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, timely) goals that properly align with stated mill goals and hold them accountable for the defined results
- A Bachelor’s degree in Pulp and Paper Science, Engineering, Chemistry or a related field.
- 10-15 years operational experience with paper industry experience preferred.
- At least 5-7 years of leading salaried direct reports in a manufacturing environment
- General understanding of mill-wide operations
- Must be a strong leader with demonstrated communication skills and a high sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to clearly define objectives and expectations and be effective in involving others in the achievement of those objectives
- Ability to direct continuous improvement in all areas, but with special emphasis on safety, quality, production, and cost.
- Business Acumen
- Communication both written and oral
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- Relationship Building
This job typically requires light travel. The work environment involves following detailed safety precautions.
Physical Demands: Walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and sitting for intermediate periods of time
Working Conditions will be split between an office environment and the manufacturing plant.
Position can be exposed to both hot and cold temperatures, loud noise within the manufacturing environment.
Must be able to lift 30 lbs.