Mckinley Paper Company Master
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the execution of day-to-day operations of the accounting department. This role will plan, manage and coordinate general accounting and payroll functions of the organization, verify and prepare financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
This position is also responsible for adhering to various accounting, internal control, analysis, and planning functions. This includes accumulating and reporting, for internal and external, and management or regulatory needs; various financial and related information generated by the company, and ensuring that all such information and transactions are processed and completed according to company policies and procedures and US GAAP and other external regulatory agencies.
- Provide necessary supervision for accounting personnel reporting to this position
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately and on-time
- Participate in the monthly closing process (Journal entry preparation & Account Reconciliation as assigned), closing within the prescribed schedule
- Compile various financial statements required by management or government agencies
- Assist with all audits (Internal & External)
- Sales and Use Tax compliance and reporting
- Act as a technical resource to other departments to address and resolve inquiries and problems, and to provide accurate, meaningful and timely analysis of information
- Review existing policies, practices, and/or procedures as appropriate, and ensure compliance with same.
- Document all processes as requested and keep documentation current
- Provide back-up support for others as required
- Maintain a trained backup on all primary job duties
- Maintain good working relationships with all plant personnel
- Abide by all McKinley safety general and procedural policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Accuracy of all information is paramount
- Prioritizing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines
- Keep Controller apprised of requests and projects as well as timing of closing activities.
- Accurately compiling, summarizing, reporting and reviewing large amounts of financial data in a short period of time
- Provide relevant, clear, concise financial information for decision-making purposes
- Find and implement more effective ways of summarizing and reporting financial information for operations, management and corporate requirements
- Answer inquiries on demand
- Administer performance reviews within established guidelines.
- Employ “best management accounting” practices for facilitating the decision-making process
- Education requirements – Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting concentration
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
- CPA/CMA designation a plus
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in a supervisory role.
- Manufacturing experience in cost and financial systems & analysis and/or Paper/Fiber experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products and spreadsheets and databases required;
- Previous experience in accounting software such as SAP & SAGE desired
- Knowledge of accounting theory, accounting practice, agency regulations and tax laws.
- Excellent analytical ability and communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Wear personal protective equipment as required
- May have exposure to outdoor elements when traveling between facilities
- Will be required to work some weekends