PA Process Engineer
Mckinley Paper Company Master
Provides electrical engineering primarily for process control and electrical designs, technical support for all mill operating units. Provides DCS support including configurations, programming and process control upgrades for new installations or expansions. Works with operating units to develop operator interfaces including graphics, screens, set points, and related components. Develops control system strategies, instrumentation hardware selections and electrical power systems including designs, drawing and specifications. Investigates, troubleshoots and provides engineering solutions for repeat process control and electrical system problems and failures. Oversees necessary corrective measures within the process.
- Participates in a variety of special projects, including analysis, testing, and inspection functions;
- Programs and debugs process control systems, including but not limited to, field elements and devices, PLCs, HMIs, and reporting software;
- Recommends changes to control strategies or operational modes based on observation of control loops;
- Represent the Division in design teams for facility construction projects;
- Participates in testing, debugging, and start-up of new processes and equipment;
- Responds to calls to emergency situations outside of normal work hours to support MPC Mill.
- Deploys and commissions PLC based RTU’s in MPC’s SCADA system;
- May be required to participate in the division’s emergency duty program;
- Recommends hardware and software changes as well as upgrades to existing systems;
- Reviews plans of projects for functional design and conformance to specifications, and contractual requirements;
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in electrical engineering, civil engineering (environmental option), chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, information systems management, or degree related to industrial process control
- Computer skills such as DCS configuration, PLC knowledge, OSI PI, and communication protocol Work
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- May have exposure to outdoor elements when traveling between facilities
- May have exposure to Industrial/manufacturing equipment
- May have exposure to loud noise
- May be required to bend, stoop, climb stairs, ladders.
- Will be required to rotate for weekend management coverage