Mckinley Paper Company Master
The Purchasing Manager manages and supervises the procedures of purchasing, negotiates contracts, inventory controls, repair materials, general supplies and services required for the support of continuous operations. This position also coordinates the purchase, transportation and logistical requirements for hog fuel in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Examines Bids and manages the award process.
- Negotiates and facilitates blanket purchase order when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period.
- Management of warehouse/stores personnel.
- Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
- Maintain inventory control.
- Provide reporting as required.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and act in compliance with US Laws
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Prepares and maintains department budgets.
- Works with the Accounting Department to ensure the accuracy of invoices
- Prepares periodic monthly reports.
- Disposes of surplus and obsolete materials.
- Procures hog fuel, sets standards & inspects fuels at source. Monitors compliance with QA programs.
- Participates as the Purchasing and Management member for the rotating Weekend Duty Team.
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Five (5) years of experience in storeroom and/or purchasing activities.
- 5 years of supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work well independently and in groups.
- Strong leadership skills.
Desired Education, Experience and Competencies
- Industrial pulp and paper experience.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment.
- Previous Experience managing process improvement
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Minimally Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with a 60-minute unpaid meal period; however actual hours are the number of hours needed to complete the work.
- May be required to work unpaid meal periods, evenings and weekends with little to no notice and without additional compensation.
- Exposure to outdoor elements when traveling on foot between facilities.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Position requires onsite presence.
McKinley Paper | Bio Pappel, provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change any time with or without notice.