McKinley Packaging – Covington, GA
McKinley Packaging Company
CONFIDENTIAL JOB DESCRIPTION
COMPANY McKinley Packaging Company
McKinley Packaging operates manufacturing facilities in the Mid-West and Southern regions of the United States. Along with our sister companies Kampack, one of the premier box-making companies in the Northeast, and U.S. Display Group, an award winning designer and manufacturer of point-of-purchase displays, McKinley Packaging is a leading independent full service corrugated packaging producer in the United States employing more than 450 capable and hard-working people, and operates with a dynamic and entrepreneurial culture. Our mission at McKinley Packaging is to always meet or exceed our Customers’ requirements.
The Planner/Scheduler will report directly to the appropriate Production Manager and in some cases the General Manager. Within the plant the Planner/Scheduler will work closely with the Production Manager/Plant Superintendent, Customer Service Manager,Shipping/Receiving Supervisor, and Controller at the plant.
This position has responsibility for all day-to-day planning and scheduling of the operation’s material flow and production equipment. The position contributes to the plant’s performance by assisting the plant in achieving established goals and objectives in the areas
of on time delivery, inventory management, maximizing corrugator web utilization, minimizing corrugator trim percentage, and operating with standard roll widths and board grades whenever possible.
- Key participant in the roll stock allocation process (number and size). Maintain inventory levels within established targets. Control numbers of sku’s and correct amounts and composition of raw materials inventory within budgetary limits.
- Maximize facility’s corrugator performance from a capacity planning and utilization standpoint via creative and effective scheduling of orders.
- Maintain trim percentage at or below plant established goals.
- Create and maintain production statistics such as corrugator speed, web utilization, waste reporting, etc. Validate production reporting.
- Strive to provide world-class customer service via competitive lead times and maximum flexibility and response.
- Build effective partnerships with plant leadership and staff functions to drive expected results.
- Communicate proactively with manufacturing personnel regarding any special requirements or changes at the corrugator
- Ensure adequate backlogs at converting machines at all times to maximize throughput efficiency and minimize downtime
- Review board consumption at the corrugator daily to verify accuracy of reporting
- Understand and utilize technology as appropriate to maximize corrugator and business performance
- Aggressively monitor and manage slow moving roll stock inventories and eliminate obsolete inventories through use of cycle counts as required.
(Aged/Obsolete Inventory Management, FIFO)
- Create a flexible schedule for Sales to know what product is being run within the plant.
- Train and develop support scheduler to perform all duties.
- Train hourly employees regarding use of roll management computer system based on receiving and consuming roll stock as well as returns to inventory.
- Report discrepancies of consumption of roll stock to Production Supervisor for remedied action.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of planning/scheduling experience within a manufacturing company. In addition, he/she will have ideally demonstrated leadership among a group of employees in productivity, quality and safety. The candidate must have superior computer skills including experience with inventory management. The successful incumbent will have process acumen, be results-driven and possess strong communications skills. He/she would ideally have a previous background in corrugated, paper or similar manufacturing environments. The candidate must have at least a year ofKiwi software experience.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIORS REQUIRED
° Establish Plans
° Manage & Improve Processes
° Drive execution
° Analyze issues
° Use sound judgment
° Think strategically
° Create customer loyalty
° Build relationships
° Listen to others and foster open communication
° Foster collaboration
° Inspire Trust
- Business Knowledge/Acumen
° Apply technical/functional expertise
° Manage Technology
° Use financial acumen
In addition, specific leadership expectations include:
- Demonstrate Honesty and Integrity
- Shape Strategy and Drive Execution
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS
Associates degree in Business or related field desired but not required. At least one year ofKiwi software experience is a must.
BUSINESS TRAVEL OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS
None generally required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Kiwi Software: 1 year (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location