McKinley Packaging – Santa Fe Springs, CAAPPLY HERE
McKinley Packaging, a Corrugated Packaging manufacturer is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Technician with a background in Safety for our fast-paced facility in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
This position is responsible for the implementation and administration of Safety, Health and Environmental policies and safe practices, while providing technical expertise in the application of Total Quality principles, processes, and tools to improve product and service quality as well as improvements to operational results.
This position will report directly to the General Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieve the desired culture towards Safety, Environmental, and Quality initiatives through personal commitment and focus, ensuring compliance to plant and corporate best practices and policies.
- Foster and encourage total team commitment for Safety, Environmental, and Quality considerations and provide feedback to Plant leadership.
- Responsible for regulatory assessments and efforts to maintain compliance with Federal, State, and local health, safety, environmental regulations.
- Develop measures to address ergonomics, air quality, and other aspects of workplace safety that could affect the health and well-being of employees.
- Develop key process indicators (KPI’s) and measure improvements through Statistical Process Control
- Conducts new hire Safety & Quality orientation training
- Performs Incident Investigations in a timely manner and perform necessary RCA and determine needs for Action Plans for the elimination of hazards.
- Performing training of Total Quality principles for all levels of facility personnel
- Responds appropriately to reports of critical quality defects on in-process and finished products and communicated appropriately with the customer and plant leadership.
- Experience within the Corrugated Packaging industry
- Experience in quality assurance SOP’s
- Candidate should possess knowledge of OSHA laws and best-in-class Safety techniques and processes
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Experience leading a strong culture initiative in regards to Safety and Quality practices
- Demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Work Location: One location