McKinley Packaging – Covington, GAAPPLY NOW
McKinley Packaging, a growing corrugated container manufacturer is currently seeking applicants for experienced Clamp Truck Operators, for our state-of-the-art Corrugator facility in Covington, GA.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To safely operate and perform all responsibilities of the Clamp Truck position in an efficient manner, while maintaining product quality and safe transport of product through the plant environment
- The operator is responsible for knowing how to successfully perform the all job duties associated with operation, including the stacking, transport, loading and unloading of rolls of paper, and record keeping of roll usage & butt-roll inventory in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- May require loading of trailers as well as product movement into and out of a warehouse environment.
- Commitment to work safely & maintain product quality.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating a clamp truck and/or fork lift.
- Candidates must be able to read customer order specs including shipping load requirements and maintain the WIP environment.
- Communication skills
- Must have completed Powered Industrial Truck training, hold certification and the ability to demonstrate skills in the safe operation of the PIT and movement of roll stock
- Willingness to learn and be a part of the team.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; safely climb onto and climb off of the lift truck; twist at waist level to look behind them when operating the equipment in reverse; must be able to turn head from side to side; use hands and fingers to operate controls, handle or feel objects, and tools; and talk and hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds being able to grasp multiple sheets of corrugated product and propane cylinders, if required
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus, and color vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Benefits: We offer full range of benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401k and PTO.
Job Type: Full-time