McKinley Packaging, a growing Corrugated Container manufacturer, is currently seeking experienced Sales Professionals for our Santa Fe Springs CA facility.
This position has responsibility for sales in a defined territory. He/she will meet personal sales targets within the full line of products or combination of products. The Account Manager/Sales Professional will be accountable for profitable new business development and the growth of existing business within his/her territory. In addition, he/she will ensure customer satisfaction with timely and accurate communication with internal and external customers in the areas of delivery, quality, pricing, service and design.
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals as determined by sales budgets and forecasts, with a focus on profitable volume growth and increasing operating profit margins.
- Define and execute business strategies for profitably growing existing business and generating new business. Qualifies and develops new business opportunities within territory. Closes new business opportunities to assure goal attainment.
- Co-lead key sales initiatives for larger accounts or strategic accounts. Coordinate with other Sales and Marketing personnel as needed.
- Develop strong client relationships over time that provides significant input to planning company product, price and strategies.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to self-development of selling skills in the areas of priority setting, negotiating and problem solving.
- Work closely with local management to identify and pursue opportunities for other U.S. Corrugated plants with specialty products or more appropriate logistics or equipment.
- Work closely with customer service department to ensure all customer specifications and information appropriate to customer handling are documented and communicated.
- Provide analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation.
- Consult with management to provide accurate market feedback, pricing input and recommendations on RFPs that contribute to account profitability and volume forecasts outlined for the year.
- Assist and/or lead credit and collection initiatives in conjunction with Finance to adhere to Company policies.
- Control individual travel and entertainment expenses that adhere to yearly budget.
- Actively pursue cost reduction/margin improvement activities in accounts.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible business to business sales experience.
- Experience with the sales function at a manufacturing site.
- Must have superb sales, customer service, administrative and verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a strong business and financial background and be process and results-driven.
- Experience within corrugated, paper or similar manufacturing environments is preferred.
- Working knowledge of current business software technologies is required.
- 3 – 5 years: Corrugated Industry
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business