Position Summary: OCC- Raw Materials Handler is responsible unloading, handling raw materials delivered to the paper mill, testing moisture content and prepping materials for manufacturing process.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unload bales of raw materials from trucks and rail cars
- Prep and feed raw material bales to conveyor
- Stacking raw materials not immediately needed for feeding conveyor
- Inspect OCC bales for contaminants and quality
- Do moisture probe on bales
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (This list is not all inclusive and may not include all duties assigned):
- Keeping area clean
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor
ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- Ability to operate a fork truck and various tools.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work shifts and additional hours as required.
- Extreme hot & cold conditions
- Highly concentrated hearing and visual alertness
- Communicating with co-workers and drivers on an ongoing basis
- Occasional carrying, reaching, bending, twisting, climbing, kneeling
- Occasionally lifting up to and over 50 lbs.
- High school diploma, GED Certificate or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year manufacturing or warehouse
- Fork Lift Experience